|Intro||Wife of John VI, Count of Nassau-Dillenburg|
|Birth||March 1, 1537|
|Death||July 6, 1579 (Dillenburg)|
Elisabeth of Leuchtenberg (born: March 1537- died: 6 July 1579 in Dillenburg) was the daughter of Landgrave George III of Leuchtenberg and Margravine Barbara of Brandenburg-Ansbach.
Marriage and issue
Elisabeth was the first wife of John VI of Nassau-Dillenburg, son of William "the Rich" of Nassau en Juliana of Stolberg. She married on 6 June 1559 at Dillenburg Castle. They had thirteen children:
- William Louis (1560-1620), stadtholder of Frisia (1584-1620), married Anna of Nassau (1563-1588)
- John VII (1561-1623)
- George (1562-1623)
- Elisabeth (1564-1611), married in 1583 with Philip IV, Count of Nassau-Weilburg and in 1603 with Wolfgang Ernst I of Isenburg-Büdingen-Birstein,
- Juliana (1565-1606)
- Philip (1566-1595)
- Maria (1568-1625), married John Louis I of Nassau-Wiesbaden-Idstein,
- Anna Sibylla (1569-1576), died young
- Mathilda (1570-1625), married Count William V, of Mansfeld-Arnstein
- Albert (1572-1572), died young
- Ernst Casimir (1573-1632), Count of Nassau-Dietz, stadtholder of Frisia and Groningen(1620-1632), married in 1597 with Sophia Hedwig of Brunswick-Lüneburg (1583-1642). The Dutch Royal Family descend from this marriage.
- Louis Gunther (1575-1604), died in battle at Sluis, married in 1601 Countess Margareta of Manderscheid-Blankenheim (1575–1606)
- stillborn son (1579)
Elisabeth died in 1579. After her death, John VI had two later marriages.