Colonel Cole C. Kingseed, Ph.D. (Ret.) is an Army veteran, military historian, author, consultant, and professor. He is the author of The New York Times bestseller, Beyond the Band of Brothers: The War Memoirs of Major Dick Winters. Kingseed, a 30-year army veteran, served as a Full Professor of History and Chief of Military History at the United States Military Academy at West Point.
Kingseed graduated from the University of Dayton (OH) in 1971 with his Bachelor of Arts degree. He later earned his Master's degree and Ph.D. in history from Ohio State University. He also holds a Master of Arts Degree in National Security and Strategic Studies from the US Naval War College.
Throughout his thirty-year career in the US Army, Kingseed served in various command and staff positions.
Kingseed was granted tenure at the US Military Academy at West Point as Professor Emeritus of History and Chief of Military History. He served as Chief of Military History for four years.
As an historian and author, Kingseed has written more than fifty articles on leadership and 300 book reviews. He has also written and edited six books. A trusted expert on military history, he appeared on the History Channel in documentaries for George S. Patton and Douglas MacArthur. Kingseed, who co-wrote the war memoirs of Major Dick Winters with Winters, organized a memorial service for him when he died.
In 2009, he was awarded the Army Historical Foundation's Distinguished Writing Award for his article on US Army leadership during World War II.
Currently, Kingseed is the founding partner and consulting historian for Battlefield Leadership. Kingseed is also the President of The Brecourt Leadership Experience, Inc., a leadership consulting firm. Its clients include General Electric, Freddie Mac, International Paper, and Bayer Corporation.
Kingseed lives in Cornwall-on-Hudson, New York with his family.
- Conversations with Major Dick Winters; ISBN 9780425271544
- Beyond Band of Brothers: The War Memoirs of Major Dick Winters; 2006; ISBN 9780425208137
- Old Glory Stories: American Combat Leadership in WWII; 2006; ISBN 978-1591144403
- From Omaha Beach to Dawson's Ridge; 2005; ISBN 978-1591144397
- The American Civil War; 2004; ISBN 978-0313316388
- Eisenhower and the Suez Crisis of 1956; 1995; ISBN 9780585283166
- Noble, Barnes &. "Conversations with Major Dick Winters: Life Lessons from the Commander of the Band of Brothers". Barnes & Noble. Retrieved 2016-03-28.
- "Beyond band of brothers". OCLC WorldCat. OCLC WorldCat. Retrieved 18 January 2016.
- "Old glory stories: American combat leadership in World War II". OCLC WorldCat. OCLC WorldCat. Retrieved 18 January 2016.
- "From Omaha Beach to Dawson's Ridge". OCLC WorldCat. OCLC WorldCat. Retrieved 18 January 2016.
- "The American Civil War". OCLC WorldCat. OCLC WorldCat. Retrieved 18 January 2016.
- "Eisenhower and the Suez Crisis of 1956". OCLC WorldCat. OCLC WorldCat. Retrieved 18 January 2016.