Claudia Felser is a German full professor of physics and chemistry at the Max Planck Institute for Chemical Physics of Solids.
Felser was born on July 28, 1962 in Aachen, Germany. She studied chemistry and physics at the University of Cologne and in 1994 became postdoc at the Max Planck Institute for Solids State Research in Nantes, France. Since 1999 she is a visiting professor at Princeton University. In 2000 she was a visiting professor at the University of Caen and three years later worked as assistant and full professor at the University of Mainz. From 2009 to 2010 she was visiting professor at Stanford University and as of December 2011 is the director of the Max Planck Institute for Chemical Physics of Solids. She is also the chairwoman of a German Research Foundation research group.
- 2001 order of merit of the German federal state Rhineland-Palatinate
- 2010 Nakamura lecture award of UC Santa Barbara
- 2012 elected as American Physical Society Fellow
- 2016 elected as IEEE Fellow
- "Curriculum vitae". Retrieved March 8, 2016.