Cisco Sam Adler (born September 6, 1978) is an American musician and Grammy-nominated record producer.
Adler is the son of music producer and director Lou Adler and Phyllis Somer. His father is the brother-in-law of actress Daryl Hannah through his marriage to her sister, Page. He has a dog named Stosh. Cisco is married to fashion model Barbara Stoyanoff; they have one child. He has an older half brother, Nicholai Adler, from his father's relationship with actress Britt Ekland.
His early work with L.A. rappers Mickey Avalon and Dirt Nasty created some bonafide cult classics like "Jane Fonda" and "1980." The three amigos also penned a song for The Hangover featuring Lil Jon and produced by Adler.
In 2008 Adler left Whitestarr, and has since been working extensively with hip-hop artist Shwayze. Their first single, "Buzzin'," reached number 46 on the Billboard Hot 100, and the follow-up "Corona and Lime" peaked at number 23. They starred in the MTV reality series Buzzin' which follows the two as they record an album, have appeared on MTV Cribs, and toured with Warped Tour 2008. The pair have also collaborated with DJ Skeet Skeet on a Nike-sponsored workout program entitled Beach Blast by Shwayze.
On December 18, 2008, Cisco Adler was arrested in Fargo, North Dakota for assaulting an employee at the club where he and Shwayze were performing. He was released shortly after being taken into custody, posting $500 bail. In 2009 he released a re-mixtape entitled "Pop Shit," which was produced entirely by himself. On June 15, 2010, Cisco released a mixtape entitled "Super California Lipstick Sexy Magic Dope Shit." Cisco produced every song on the mixtape. He produced tracks on Mike Posner's album 31 Minutes to Takeoff He runs a record label called Bananabeat Records.
Adler was instrumental in the early career of Minnesota Hippie-hop rapper Mod Sun. Their Happy As Fuck EP helped Mod get on the Warped Tour which he headlined this past summer.
In May 2013, Adler released an EP, One Way, working alongside rapper Tayyib Ali. One Way was released as a free download for 48 hours from May 28–30, 2013. One Way is expected to be released on iTunes shortly after. In addition to music and television, Adler also produced and appeared in the film Sweetie Pie.
In 2015 Adler' co-wrote and produced Cody Simpson's coming-of-age album FREE and released it on Bananabeat Records. The album features G Love and Donovan Frankenreiter as well as North Mississippi All Stars drummer Cody Dickinson.
His recent work includes co-writing and co-producing the song Go With it ft. Vic Mensa on the Grammy nominated album EGO DEATH by The Internet, electronic-rock outfit GhostTown, and has been wrapping up some songs with Black Eyed Peas alum Fergie according to social media posts.
Adler is currently producing the soundtrack to the remake of the Rocky Horror Picture Show with Adam lambert, Ivy Levan, Victoria Justice, Christina Millian, and Laverne Cox.
Albums with Whitestarr
- Luv Machine (2006)
- Fillith Tillith (2007)
Albums with Shwayze
|U.S.||U.S. R&B||U.S. Rap||CAN|
|2008||Shwayze || || || || ||Sales:|
|2009||Let It Beat || || || || ||Sales:|
|2011||Island in the Sun || || || || ||Sales:|
- Aloha (2012)
- Coastin' (2014)
|U.S. 100||Hot Digital||U.S. Pop||Top 40 Mainstream|
|"Corona and Lime"||23||6||32||—|
|2009||"Get U Home"||—||—||—||—||Let It Beat|
- Alice in La La Land (2009)
- The W's (2011)
- Aloha (2012)
- One Way (2013)
- Mahalo (2013)
- Rich Girls (2008)
- Super California Lipstick Sexy Magic Dope Shit (2010)
- Music videos
|2007||"Dirty Words"||Bart Hendrikx|
|"Buzzin'"||Robert Hales, Alison Foster|
|"Corona and Lime"||Shane Drake, Brandon Bonfiglio|
|2009||"Rock n' Roll"||Nicholaus Goossen|
|"Get U Home"||Stewart Hendler|
- Andre Legacy – Bender (feat. Cisco Adler)
- Andre Legacy – DJ Dying (feat. Cisco Adler)
- Beardo – Back to the Valley (feat. Cisco Adler)
- Mr. Lil' One/Lil' Uno – Love Like Magic (feat. Cisco Adler)
- Mickey Avalon – What Do You Say (feat. Cisco Adler, Dirt Nasty & Andre Legacy)
- The Pricks – Brown Eyes (feat. Cisco Adler)
- Stallionaires – Summer Love Child (feat. Cisco Adler)
- Wiz Khalifa – Hey Girl (feat. Cisco Adler)
- Jesse Scott – Hands Up (feat. Cisco Adler)
- Big B – My Baby Says (feat. Cisco Adler)*
- MOD SUN – Jam On! (feat. Cisco Adler)
- Kidd Russell – Are We having fun yet (feat. Cisco Adler)
- Kidd Russell – Wake Up (feat. Cisco Adler)
- Cohen, Jonathan (August 27, 2008). "Jonas Brothers Begin Second Week at No. 1". Billboard. Retrieved August 28, 2008.
- "iTunes - Music - Island In the Sun (Bonus Version) by Shwayze & Cisco". Itunes.apple.com. 2011-09-13. Retrieved 2015-07-25.
- Shwayze – Shwayze
- Shwayze – Let It Beat
- Shwayze – Rich Girls
Cody Simpson - Free
- Chris Young the Rapper – 619
- Get Romantic
- Stadium Rap
- Chris Young the Rapper – The Value Pack
- Get It RIght
- Mickey Avalon – Mickey Avalon
- Jane Fonda
- Mr. Right
- Mickey Avalon – Electric Gigolo
- What Do You Say
- Stroke Me
- Mike Posner – 31 Minutes to Takeoff
- Do U Wanna?
- Gone in September
- Wiz Khalifa
- Hey Girl
- Dirt Nasty – Nasty As I Wanna Be
- Big in Japan
- So L.A.
- Lookin' for a Nasty Girl
- Big B – Good Times & Bad Advice
- My Baby Says
- MTV Video Music Awards 2008
- Tropic Thunder (2008) (soundtrack)
- Buzzin (2008) (TV)
- The Rock Life (2007)
- 27 Miles (2005)
- Grind (2003) (Soundtrack)
- A Token for Your Thoughts (2003) (soundtrack)
- Sweetie Pie (2000)