Carlos Rasch (born 6 April 1932 in Curitiba, Brazil) is a science fiction author, whose works mostly appeared in East Germany before German reunification.
At the age of six, he moved with his parents from Brazil to Germany. In 1951 he started working as a reporter for the GDR's Allgemeiner Deutscher Nachrichtendienst. It was during his days as a reporter that he started writing literature. In 1965 he became a full-time writer. In addition to writing novels, he penned science-fiction short stories and radio dramas as well co-authoring the unproduced thirteen-part GDR television series Raumlotsen. There followed a period in which he was out of favor with the ruling powers and earned his keep through pick-up jobs and writing under pseudonyms. By the mid-80s, he was once again able to publish. From 1990 until he retired in 1997, he worked for the Märkische Allgemeine Zeitung in Potsdam.
- Asteroidenjäger (1961; movie version produced by DEFA in 1970 as Signale – Ein Weltraumabenteuer, directed by Gottfried Kolditz)
- Der blaue Planet (1963)
- Der Untergang der Astronautic (1963)
- Im Schatten der Tiefsee (1965)
- Die Umkehr der Meridian. Raumfahrterzählung aus dem Jahre 2232 (1966)
- Das unirdische Raumschiff (1967)
- Rekordflug im Jet-Orkan (1970))
- Krakentang (1972)
- Magma am Himmel (1975)
- Vikonda (1986)