Bruce Sigurd Heischober, known as Dr. Bruce, born (1955-05-08)May 8, 1955, is a Board certified medical doctor specializing in emergency and internal medicine. He has published several works on substance abuse.
He graduated from Andrews University in 1976 and Loma Linda University School of Medicine in 1979.
On the radio show Loveline Dr. Bruce frequently sits in for Drew Pinsky and is referred to as Dr. Bruce or "Dr. Spaz" by Adam Carolla during his time on the air.
Dr. Bruce appears from time to time as a guest on Adam Carolla's daily podcast. Carolla's nickname for Dr. Bruce is "Dr. Spaz". Bruce is also the inspiration for the term "good lenses, bad frames" referring to a person who is good or competent, even though they may look bad or incompetent.
- Lynsky, DD.; Heischober, BS.; Johnston, PM.; Johnson, KA.; Lujano, LM.; Morgan, RD. (1999). "Youth Alternative Sentencing Program: a description and evaluation of an alcohol and marijuana intervention program.". Int J Trauma Nurs. 5 (1): 10–6. doi:10.1016/s1075-4210(99)90077-9. PMID 10085825.
- Nelson, BS.; Heischober, B. (Aug 1999). "Betel nut: a common drug used by naturalized citizens from India, Far East Asia, and the South Pacific Islands.". Ann Emerg Med. 34 (2): 238–43. doi:10.1016/s0196-0644(99)70239-8. PMID 10424931.
- MacKenzie, RG.; Heischober, B. (Sep 1997). "Methamphetamine.". Pediatr Rev. 18 (9): 305–9. doi:10.1542/pir.18-9-305. PMID 9286149.
- Helschober, B.; Miller, MA. (1991). "Methamphetamine abuse in California.". NIDA Res Monogr. 115: 60–71. PMID 1758484.
- Derlet, RW.; Heischober, B. (Dec 1990). "Methamphetamine. Stimulant of the 1990s?". West J Med. 153 (6): 625–8. PMC . PMID 2293467.
- Neinstein, Lawrence S., ed. (2002). "Approaches to Management of Drug Abuse". Adolescent health care: a practical guide (4th ed.). Hagerstwon, MD: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins. ISBN 0-7817-2897-5.