|Death||December 30, 1435 (castel of Carlat, Carlat, canton of Vic-sur-Cère, arrondissement of Aurillac)|
Bonne of Berry (1362/1365 – 30 December 1435) was the daughter of John, Duke of Berry, and Joanna of Armagnac. Through her father, she was a granddaughter of John II of France.
Her first marriage was to Amadeus VII, Count of Savoy. Their marriage contract is dated 7 May 1372 and they married on 18 January 1377, but she wouldn't arrive in Savoy until 1381. They had the following children:
- Amadeus VIII, Duke of Savoy (1383 – 1439); married Mary of Burgundy.
- Bonne of Savoy (1388 – 1432); married Louis of Piedmont.
- Joan of Savoy (posthumously 1392 – 1460); married Giangiacomo Paleologo, marquis of Montferrat.
After Amadeus' death in 1391, a regency dispute over their son Amadeus VIII ensued after her husband passed over Bonne in favor of his mother Bonne of Bourbon. This conflict would only be resolved by an agreement, signed on 8 May 1393.
Her second marriage was to Bernard VII of Armagnac. Their marriage contract is dated on 2 December 1393. They had the following children:
- Bonne of Armagnac (1395 – 1435); married Charles, Duke of Orléans.
- John IV of Armagnac (1396 – 1450); married (1) Blanche of Brittany (2) Isabella d' Évreux
- Marie of Armagnac (1397 – died young).
- Bernard of Armagnac (1400 – 1462), Count of Pardiac; married Eleanor of Bourbon-La Marche.
- Anne of Armagnac (1402 – bef. 1473); married Charles II of Albret.
- Joan of Armagnac (1403 – died young).
- Beatrice of Armagnac (1406 – died young).
|Ancestors of Bonne of Berry|