Bern von Baer
Bern von Baer (20 March 1911 – 27 November 1981) was an officer in the Wehrmacht of Nazi Germany during World War II and a general in the Bundeswehr of West Germany. He was a recipient of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves.
Awards and decorations
- Iron Cross (1939) 2nd Class (21 September 1939) & 1st Class (29 May 1940)
- Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves
- Knight's Cross on 13 January 1944 as Oberstleutnant im Generalstab (in the General Staff) and Ia (operations officer) of the 16. Panzer-Division
- 761st Oak Leaves on 28 February 1945 as Oberstleutnant im Generalstab and chief of Stab/Fallschirmjäger-Panzer-Korps "Hermann Göring"
- Great Cross of Merit of the Federal Republic of Germany (20 March 1968)
comments so far.