peoplepill id: august-dieckmann
|Was||Military officer Soldier Officer|
|Birth||29 May 1912, Cadenberge|
|Death||10 October 1943, Dnieper River (aged 31 years)|
The details (from wikipedia)
August Hinrich Dieckmann (born 29 May 1912 in Cadenberge near Cuxhaven; killed in action 10 October 1943 at the Dnieper) was an officer in the Waffen-SS and recipient of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves and Swords, Nazi Germany's highest military decoration.
- Degen der SS (13 September 1936)
- Iron Cross (1939)
- 2nd Class (28 September 1939)
- 1st Class (3 June 1940)
- German Cross in Gold on 28 February 1942 as SS-Sturmbannführer in the I./SS-Regiment "Germania"
- Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves and Swords
- Knight's Cross on 23 April 1942 as SS-Sturmbannführer and commander of the I./SS-Regiment "Germania"
- 233rd Oak Leaves on 16 April 1943 as SS-Sturmbannführer and commander of the I./SS-Panzergrenadier-Regiment "Germania"
- 39th Swords on 10 October 1943 (posthumous) as SS-Obersturmbannführer and commander of SS-Panzergrenadier-Regiment 10 "Westland"
- Thomas & Wegmann 1998, p. 247.
- ^ Thomas 1997, p. 118.
- Patzwall & Scherzer 2001, p. 84.
- ^ Scherzer 2007, p. 271.
comments so far.