André Brie (born 13 March 1950 in Schwerin, Mecklenburg-Vorpommern) is a German politician and from 1999 to 2009 Member of the European Parliament for the Party of Democratic Socialism, part of the European Left and sits on the European Parliament's Committee on Foreign Affairs.
He is also a substitute for the Committee on Petitions and the Committee on the Internal Market and Consumer Protection.
Outside Parliament he is a member of the PDS regional party council in Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania.
- 1968: Skilled tool-maker
- 1976: Degree in political science
- 1979: Dr.rer.pol.
- 1985: Dr.sc.pol.
- 1976-1983: Academic assistant at the Institute for International Relations, Potsdam-Babelsberg (IIB)
- 1983-1986: senior assistant at the IIB
- 1986-1989: lecturer and assistant professor at the IIB
- 1990: Lecturer at the Humboldt University, Berlin
- 1990-1999: Staff Member of the PDS Executive Committee, and PDS election campaign manager
- 1990-1992: Deputy chairman of the PDS
- since 2003: Member of the Mecklenburg-Vorpommern Land executive of the PDS
- since 1999: Member of the European Parliament
See also: European Parliament election, 2004 (Germany)