peoplepill id: alexandre-marcel
|A.K.A.||Alexandre Auguste Louis Marcel|
|Birth||11 September 1860, Paris|
|Death||30 June 1928, Paris (aged 67 years)|
The details (from wikipedia)
Alexandre Marcel (1860-1928) was a French architect, best known for his Belle Époque interpretations of "exotic" international architectural styles.
Marcel studied at the Parisian École des Beaux-Arts in the atelier of Louis-Jules André.
His work includes:
- the Pagoda Cinema, on the Rue de Babylon, Paris, 1896
- multiple buildings for the Paris Exposition of 1900, including the Cambodian pavilion, the Spanish pavilion, and four structures for the sea-transport company "Panorama du Tour du Monde", including a "Japanese tower"
- structures at the Parc Oriental de Maulévrier, Paris, 1899-1913
- reconstruction of the Japanese Tower at Laeken, outside Brussels, for King Leopold II, c. 1901
- the new Chinese Pavilion at Laeken, for Leopold II, c. 1902
- royal racetrack at Ostend, for Leopold II
- grand hall of the Heliopolis Palace Hotel, Heliopolis, Cairo, 1910
- Baron Empain Palace (Qasr Al Baron), Heliopolis, Cairo, completed 1911
- Latin Catholic Basilica "Basilique de Notre-Dame", Heliopolis, Cairo, 1910
- Palace for the Jagatjit Singh of Kapurthala, now Punjab, India, 1911
- French Embassy, Shiba Park, Tokyo, 1913
- Lafayette Escadrille Memorial, Villeneuve-l'Étang Imperial Estate, in Marnes-la-Coquette, Hauts-de-Seine, outside of Paris, 1928
- Alexandre Marcel @ the Parc Oriental de Maulévrier website.
comments so far.