Oleksii Petrovich Bilyi was a Head of the Mariupol Iron & Steel Works (until 2006), he is a member of the Ukrainian parliament (since November 2007), a member of the Economic Policy Committee (since December 2007).
Oleksii Bilyi was born on May 1, 1961 in Kamenka village, Apostolove district, Dnipropetrovsk region. Family: wife Irina (b. 1971) a teacher at Donetsk National University; two sons, Oleksandr (b. 1998) and Arseniy (b. 2003), daughter Amelia (b.2003).
Dnepropetrovsk Metallurgical Institute (1988), with the major in "Chemical technology of fuel", Donetsk National University (2001), majoring in Business Economics. In 1979-1981 he served in the Soviet Army.
- 1981-1988 - worked as fitter, site supervisor, senior master, Deputy chief of coke workshop, at Krivoi Rog coke plant
- 1988-1990 - Chief of the coke workshop, Chief engineer
- 1990-1996 — Director of the Yenakieve coke plant
- 1996-1998 - Chairman of the management board, JSC "Yenakieve Coke Plant", Head of the plant
- 1998-2000 - Chairman the management board, JSC "Yenakieve Metallurgical Plant"
- 2000-2002 - Deputy Chairman of Donetsk State Regional Administration on primary industries and energy
- 2002-2006 - CEO of Mariupol Iron & Steel Works
In November 2007 Oleksii was elected to the Verkhovna Rada with the Party of Regions, No.33 in the list.
- Chairman of the Subcommittee on government policy on consumption of waste and scrap iron, Verkhovna Rada committee on economic policy
- Member of the Permanent Delegation of the Parliamentary Assembly of GUAM
In the 2014 Ukrainian parliamentary election he was re-elected into parliament; this time being placed 5th on the electoral list of Opposition Bloc.
- Order of Merit, III class (2011), for personal contribution to nation-building, long-term legislative and political activity
- Merited Worker of Industry of Ukraine (title) (2003)
- Medal "10 Years of Independence of Ukraine" (2001)
- "Miner's Glory" badge, III class (2002)
- "УКАЗ ПРЕЗИДЕНТА УКРАЇНИ № 543/2011 - Офiцiйне представництво Президента України". President.gov.ua. 2011-05-01. Retrieved 2011-10-28.
- "Про відзначення державними нагородами України з нагоди". Zakon.rada.gov.ua. 2003-07-15. Retrieved 2011-10-28.