Aleksey Vasilyevich Baburin is a People's Deputy of Ukraine, and member of the 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th Verkhovna Radas. He is a member of the Communist Party of Ukraine.
Aleksey Baburin was born on January 11, 1949 in Vygonichi village of Vygonichsky District, Bryansk Oblast, Russian SFSR. In 1952, the family moved to Makiivka, Donetsk Oblast', Ukrainian SSR.
- 1971 - Dnipropetrovsk Chemical Technology Institute as chemical process engineer
- 1991 - Kiev Institute of Political and Social Management
In 1971-1973 Aleksey Baburin served in the Soviet army.
- October 1973 - foreman, than senior foreman, deputy galvanizing shop superintendent at Zaporizhia Automobile Plant; Deputy Secretary of Party Committee;
- 1983 - 1991 - Secretary of the Party Committee
- 1991 - Deputy Head of Department for logistics and maintenance, 1st Deputy business manager of Zaporizhia Automobile Plant
- 1996 - 1998 - 1st Deputy business manager, Deputy Head, Head of the Department at JSC "AvtoZAZ"
In March 2006, he was elected the Deputy to Zaporizhia Regional Council.
- March 1998 - April 2002 - People's Deputy of Ukraine in 3rd Verkhovna Rada, election district No. 75, Zaporizhia Oblast
- April 2002 - April 2006 - People's Deputy of Ukraine in 4th Verkhovna Rada, No. 23 in the list from the Communist Party
- April 2006 - November 2007 - People's Deputy of Ukraine in 5th Verkhovna Rada, № 21 in the list from the Communist Party
- November 2007 - December 2012 - People's Deputy of Ukraine in 6th Verkhovna Rada from the Communist Party, № 13 in the list
Baburin did not return to parliament after the 2012 Ukrainian parliamentary election after losing in single-member districts number 74 (first-past-the-post wins a parliament seat) located in Zaporizhia Oblast),
Aleksey Baburin is married, has two sons and a daughter.