|Intro||American actor, writer, producer, and comedian|
|A.K.A.||Alexander Rae Baldwin III|
|Is||Actor Television actor Film actor Stage actor Internet personality Podcaster Blogger Voice actor Film director Film producer|
|From||United States of America|
|Type||Film, TV, Stage & Radio Internet|
|Birth||6 May 1954, Amityville, USA|
Alec Baldwin (Alexander Rae Baldwin III) is an American actor and producer.
Early life and education
- Alec Baldwin was born to Carol Newcomb (Martineau) and Alexander Rae Baldwin, Jr.. His father was high school teacher and football coach.
- Alec is of Irish, English, Scottish, French, and German descent.
- Alec has three brothers and two sisters (Beth and Jane.)
- Alec went to Alfred G. Berner High School in Massapequa, New York, and later, from 1976 to 1979, attended George Washington University in Washington D.C. He then transferred to Tisch School of the Arts in New York.
TV, Stage, and Hollywood
- Alec began his acting career with several TV shows in early 1980s.
- He appeared in such TV series as The Doctors (1963) and Knots Landing (1979).
- He made his Broadway debut with Joe Orton's black comedy Loot (1986), for which Baldwin won a Theatre World Award.
- In the late 1980s, Baldwin made his film debut with the moviesForever, Lulu (1987) with Deborah Harry and Dr. Ruth Westheimer.
- He then went on to work in such feature films as Beetlejuice (1988), Married to the Mob (1988), Working Girl (1988), Talk Radio (1988), and The Hunt for Red October (1990)
- The Hunt for Red October in which he appeared next to Sean Connery was a box-office success and established him as a serious player in the industry.
- After The hunt for Red October, Baldwin performed on Broadway in A Streetcar Named Desire in 1992, for which he received Tony nomination for characterization of "Stanley Kowalski."
- In 1992, he made a 10-minute cameo appearance as a hardheaded real-estate executive in the movie Glengarry Glen Ross.
- In the fall of 2006, Baldwin started working in NBC television sitcom 30 Rock with Tina Fey and comedian Tracy Morgan. For his outstanding work in the series, he received three Golden Globes, three Screen Actors Guild Awards and two Emmy Awards.
- He also worked as a producer of 30 Rock.
- While filming The Marrying Man in 1991, he met his future wife Kim Basinger. They married in 1993 and eventually divorced in 2002. They had a daughter in 1995, Ireland Baldwin, who later became an actress and model.
- In 1991, Baldwin began dating Hilaria Thomas, a yoga instructor in Manhattan. They married in 2012 and have three children together - daughter Carmen, son Rafael, and son Leonardo Angel Charles.
- Baldwin is an outspoken democrat and has supported Barack Obama in his presidential campaigns.
- He is also an animal rights activist and a supporter of PETA.
- Baldwin has also been a harsh critic of president-elect Donald Trump.
- Baldwin mocked Trump on Saturday Night Live in multiple shows, about which, the president elect was not happy.
comments so far.