Aakanksha Bhargava (born 1985) is an Indian entrepreneur, leading a large relocation business in India. She is the chief executive officer and President of PM Relocations Pvt Ltd (PMR) in Gurgaon.
Early life and education
She was born to Rajeev and Archana Bhargava, in Kolkata. She later moved to Delhi in 1992. She studied at Tagore International School in Vasant Vihar, Delhi and later completed her B.Com Honours from Hindu College.She earned a masters in business administration degree from the SP Jain Institute of Management and Research, Singapore and Dubai.
Bhargava joined PMR on 30 April 2007. Initially she was a manager in international sales, then moved on to handling corporate sales, marketing, operations and other verticals for the company. She was promoted to chief executive officer in 2012. In 2015 she was awarded "Best Women Leader" by the Business Today Awards in the Small & Medium Enterprise segment. She was recognized for her contribution towards the entrepreneurship report submitted on behalf of PMR by Indian School of Business. Her company is listed as a part of company listing of India in PAIMA.
Bhargava opened new branches of the company in Bangalore, Hyderabad, Pune, Ahmedabad, Mumbai and Chennai. With this the company has also grown in numbers, global contracts and people. During her tenure as the chief executive of PMR, the company has grown from a top line of Rs 2 crore in 2010 to Rs 40 crore in 2015. From 40 employees in 2007, the company has a head count of 500 as of 2016.
She has written articles for the education portal Education Insider, MindYourBusiness and for the Indo-German Chamber of Commerce.
Awards and recognition
- Awarded as Women Of Worth - By Outlook Business Magazine
- Best Woman Leader - Business Today SME Awards 2015.
- Woman Entrepreneur of The Year - Franchise India Awards 2016.
- Won 'People Management Approach by an FMB' by SPJIMR Family Managed Business Awards 2017
- Nominated for the 'Entrepreneur of the Year in Service Business - SCM & Logistics' at the 7th Annual Entrepreneur India Awards
- Nominated for the 10th IWEC Awards 2017