|Intro||Singer, producer, presenter, showman, actor, musician,actor,model and dancer.|
|Is||Comedian Actor Film actor Singer Television actor|
|Field||Film, TV, Stage & Radio Humor Music|
|Birth||18 October 1966, Pleven, Bulgaria|
Stanislav Todorov Trifonov (Bulgarian: Станислав Тодоров Трифонов) (born 18 October 1966), known as Slavi Trifonov (Bulgarian: Слави Трифонов), is a Bulgarian showman, actor, singer, and viola player, born in Pleven (Bulgarian: Плевен), Bulgaria. Trifonov is active mainly in the folk music (pop-folk) genres but he has experimented with other genres such as hip-hop collaborating with the Australian based producer Yasen Subev, pop-rock and punk as a part of Ku-Ku Band (Bulgarian: Ку-Ку Бенд). His name is associated mainly with the Slavi's Show, Exiles, Canaletto and KU-KU.
Stanislav Todorov Trifonov was born on 18 October 1966 in Pleven, Bulgaria. His father is from Gorna Mitropoliya, Bulgaria; his mother is Zdravka from Todorovo. He is the youngest of three brothers and has a sister, Petya, three years older than him, who he has said is the person closest to him. He was named after his grandfather Stoyo.
He grew up in a strict family where his mother had a major role, and upheld the value of a good education. Trifonov and his sister were excellent students. He enjoyed spending time reading books.
Eventually he enrolled in the music school in Pleven. During one of the school holidays, he went to Kaylaka park with his school class. Although uncomfortable, and feeling out of place there, he decided to participate in the talent night during which different performances were presented. Trifonov performed few jokes he had memorized earlier from comedian Dimitar Shkumbata's apocryphal audiotape. Trifonov was surprised by the audience's positive response and their request for an encore. He defines this as turning point in his life.
In 1985 graduated from SMU Panayot Pipkov in Pleven having learned the viola. He later graduated from the National Academy of Music in Sofia, Bulgaria.
Trifonov is the frontman of the Bulgarian music band Ku-Ku established in 1993 by Trifonov, Evgeni Dimitrov, Maestro Evgeny Jotov, and Ilia Iliev. The band has been / is playing a major role on the KU-KU, Canaletto and Slavi's Show TV programmes, as well as other projects such as Fife Stars, Idols, Sing with Me, and The Voice of Bulgaria 1 and 2. It has released twentyone albums, over 300 songs, performed at hundreds of concerts, made thirteen tours including one in the United States.
Albums (different music styles through the years – punk, folk, folk rock, chalga)
- Ръгай чушки в боба (Prod Peppers in the Bean Soup) (1993)
- Шат на патката главата (Rip off the Head of the Duck) (1994)
- Рома ТВ (Roma TV) (1994)
- Жълта книжка (Certificate for Mental Disorder) (1995)
- Хъшове (Hajduks) (1996)
- Каналето – The Best (Canaletto – The Best) (1997)
- Едно Ферари с цвят червен (A Ferrari in Color Red) (1997)
- Франция, здравей (Hello, France) (1998)
- Девети трагичен (The Tragic Ninth) (1998)
- Вавилон (Babylon) (1998)
- Няма "не искам", няма "недей" (Don't Say "I Don't Want to", Don't Say "Don't Do It") (1999)
- Часът на бенда (The Hour of the Band) (2000)
- Новите Варвари (The New Barbarians) (2001)
- The Best (2001)
- Vox Populi (2002)
- Прима патриот (Prima Patriot) (2004)
- И оркестъра да свири (Let the Orchestra Play) (2005)
- Ние продължаваме (We Keep on Going) (2007)
- No Mercy (2009)
- Македония (Macedonia) (2010)
- Един от многото (One of the Many) (2012)
- Има такъв народ (Such People Do Exist) (2017)
- Песни за българи (Songs for/about Bulgarians) (2018)