Sebastian Schipper (born 8 May 1968 in Hanover) is a German actor and filmmaker.
Life and career
Sebastian Schipper studied acting at the Otto Falckenberg Schule in Munich from 1992 to 1995. He got his first film role in Sönke Wortmann's Little Sharks from 1992. He debuted as director with Absolute Giganten from 1999, which received the second place prize for the German Film Award for Best Feature Film. It was co-produced by Tom Tykwer, who has cast Schipper in several of his own films. Schipper's 2009 film Sometime in August is loosely based on Johann Wolfgang von Goethe's novel Elective Affinities. His fourth film as director is Victoria, a film about a night in a Berlin nightclub gone awry, shot in one continuous take. It played at the 65th Berlin International Film Festival and won in six categories at the German Film Awards 2015, including Best Film and Best Direction.
- As actor
- 1992: Little Sharks (Kleine Haie)
- 1996: The English Patient
- 1997: Winter Sleepers (Winterschläfer)
- 1998: Eine ungehorsame Frau
- 1998: Run Lola Run (Lola rennt)
- 2000: Fremde Freundin
- 2000: England!
- 2000: The Princess and the Warrior (Der Krieger und die Kaiserin)
- 2002: Elefantenherz
- 2003: Ganz und gar
- 2004: Die Nacht singt ihre Lieder
- 2005: Die blaue Grenze
- 2010: Three (Drei)
- 2012: Ludwig II.
- 2012: Überleben an der Wickelfront
- 2013: Tatort – Feuerteufel
- 2013: Alaska Johansson (television film)
- 2013: Tatort – Mord auf Langeoog
- 2014: Tatort – Kaltstart
- 2014: Tatort – Die Feigheit des Löwen
- 2015: Tatort – Frohe Ostern, Falke
As director and writer
- 1999: Absolute Giganten
- 2006: A Friend of Mine (Ein Freund von mir)
- 2009: Sometime in August (Mitte Ende August)
- 2015: Victoria