Ram Krishna Dhakal (Nepali: राम कृष्ण ढकाल, born July 23, 1974) is one of the most popular and talented pop, playback singer, actor and reality show judge of Nepal show like Nepali Tara. Many consider him only second to the singing maestro late Naranyangopal, who is respected as the king of melody in the Nepali speaking world.
Ram Krishna Dakhal started his musical career early in his childhood when he covered popular songs by another prominent singer of Nepal, Narayan Gopal, as well as other popular numbers at both formal and informal settings.
Albums and songs
Ram Krishna Dhakal has released 10 albums of modern songs/ghazals (adhunik geet). Most of his albums' names have started with the letter "A". Among them, Asha is the most popular album. He has sung nearly 1000 songs.
- Mero Saathi
Apart from adhunik geet (modern songs), he has also sung bhajans, patriotic songs (rastriya geet), and many film songs.
Mr. Dhakal was brought up by his mother who came from working-class background. He was known throughout central Nepal as a child prodigy since the age of 7 or so. The young talent came to Kathmandu first time at the age of 12 in 1986, after he was discovered by Arjun Pokhrel, who put him in touch with Gopal Karmacharya, a veteran music and arts patron, who helped the young singer get into the music industry. He is married to Neelam Shah. They have a daughter named Rani Dhakal. Dhakal belonged to middle-class family. But it is because of his dedication and hard-work that he is established as the most popular singer in Nepali Music Industry. His music albums are sold more than any albums by any other Nepali singer even though the music industry is not doing so well. he was found by Arjun and merina.
Awards and Achievements
- Prabal Gorkha Dakshin Bahu
- Motion Picture Award – Malai Yo Jindagile from Movie Ashirbad – 2001
- Acting Award – Movie Jalirumal Macha Panima – 1994
- Gitanjali Cine Award – Pal Pal Din Din Movie Sagun – 1998
- Music Nepal Best Selling Award – 1995, 1998, 1999 & 2000
- Narayan Gopal Youth Song Award – 1999
- Hits FM Award – 1999 (Record/Album/Song of the Year)
- Yuba Sangeet Sadhak Award (From Image Channel) – 2000
- San Miguel Music Award (Hira Katne – Aroha) – 2000
- Image Award – Movie Phuna – 2004
- Image Award – Bachan Tode from Ashirbad – Best Male Vocal – 2005
- Image Award – Dil ko kura nagara from Aagaman – 2006
- Hits FM (Best Rock Pop Album – Mero Sathi) – 2008
- Annapurna Music Award – Best Male Vocal – Pahad ko chuk chuke rail from Shailee – 2011