Mark Ashley (born 1973) is a German singer. He was born in Apolda/Thuringia and currently lives in Bad Salzungen. He had always performed songs at Christmas for his parents, who were the first ones to notice his musical talent. Mark Ashley had already made several successful performances on radio and TV. The producer Steffen Ehrhardt discovered the singer, Mark Ashley, at the age of 13 in a German discothèque, where he sang songs of Modern Talking.
His voice is almost identical to that of Thomas Anders, hence he mainly uses a similar style. All further productions are based on this. With his first single, "Dream of Great Emotion", the singer jumped into the German airplay - charts at 9 and in the BVD charts at 19. Producer and Singer convinced the record company ZYX Records, label: Dance Street, to record further singles and albums. Many fans of Modern Talking and Eurodance music lovers are still loyal to Mark.
The management H.-P. is responsible for the distribution of the productions since 1998. It is domiciled in Bad Salzungen / Germany.
- 2002: appeared the first album: "It is Just the Way" at ZYX Records. It is also available in the U.S. via online retailers.
- 2005: appeared the second album: "The Fans of Modern Talking" with four unpublished titles. Due to moderate success the record company stopped the further collaboration with the producer and singer.
- 2005: Decided the record company "Music-Sternchen" to publish the third album: "Luckystar".
- 2006: published Rojam Records via "Music-Sternchen" the fourth album: "Give Me a Chance", which contained ballads for the first time.
- 2008: "Heartbreak Boulevard" was released on 20 May 2008 and contains songs with the original sound of Modern Talking. It is the fifth album.
- 2008: A 6th studio album was released. It is called "Golden Hits". It is available since 26 September 2008.
- 2010: A new album "Play The Music" the 7th album, will be available on 14/11/2010.
- 2011: Was released 8th studio Album called "Tango In The Night". Available since 6 January 2011.
- 2004: "I'll Be There for You Tonight"
- 2005: appeared the single "If You Love Me" and caught the eye with strong Euro disco - influence. The single missed the entrance into the German Top 100 very close and was also produced by "Music-Sternchen".
- 2006: 2 titles were written by Systems in Blue for Mark Ashley: "Give a Little Sweet Love" and "I Have Never Been So Lonely", which had given back the style of Modern Talking almost perfectly with high choruses in addition. Even this single from Music-Sternchen did not have the chance to enter the charts but sold still quite good.
- 2007: The actual published single "Give Me a Chance" finally entered the official Austrian Charts at 44. It peaked at 40. It was about time that the consequent continuation of that unique style was rewarded commercially.