August Gotthold Dietrich Hugo, Baron von Blomberg, a poet and painter, was born at Berlin in 1820. He studied under Wach in the Academy at Berlin, and under Léon Cogniet at Paris, and copied Rubens's works in the Louvre. He died at Weimar in 1871. Among his paintings may be mentioned:
- Das Domroschen. 1844.
- Neptune and Amymone. 1847.
- Twenty-seven sketches from Dante.
- A Town of the Middle-Ages.
- The Merchant of Venice. 1866.
- Benvenuto Cellini in Bngelsberg.
- King William at Koniggratz. 1867.