Heinz Greiner (12 August 1895 – 19 November 1977) was a German general in the Wehrmacht during World War II. He was a recipient of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves of Nazi Germany.
During Operation Barbarossa Greiner reached divisional level command. The division was destroyed in the Soviet Operation Bagration in the summer of 1944, along with much of Army Group Centre. Greiner was transferred to Italy where he took command of the 362nd Infantry Division.
Awards and decorations
- Iron Cross (1914) 2nd Class (4 December 1914) & 1st Class (25 November 1918)
- Clasp to the Iron Cross (1939) 2nd Class (4 October 1939) & 1st Class (20 October 1939)
- Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves
- Knight's Cross on 22 September 1941 as Colonel (Oberst ) and commander of Grenadier Regiment 499.
- 572nd Oak Leaves on 5 September 1944 as Major-General (Generalleutnant) and commander of the 362nd Infantry Division