Brad Sykes is an American screenwriter and film director.
Sykes got his first Hi-8 camera at age fifteen, and has not stopped shooting since. Growing up in Virginia Beach, Virginia, Sykes made eight features on video (many of which involved Karo syrup, red food coloring and "stunts" of dubious safety) while still in high school. He attended Boston University's film program in 1993 and by the time he graduated cum laude in 1997, he had already worked for both Paramount Pictures and Ridley and Tony Scott's Scott Free Productions. After moving to Los Angeles, Sykes continued to work in film in various capacities both there and with Castel Film Romania, before landing his first writing-directing job in 1998.
He has since written and directed nineteen features, including Mad Jack (2000), Goth (2003), Demon's Kiss and Within the Woods, along with creating two independent horror franchises, the Camp Blood and Death Factory series. Sykes' latest science fiction/horror movie film, Plaguers, won the Silver Unicorn for Best Screenplay at the Estepona Fantasy and Horror Film Festival in Spain, Best Sci-Fi/Fantasy Feature at the Mid-Ohio Con Film Festival, and the Best "B-Movie" Award and Steve Railsback won the Best Actor Award at ShockerFest International Film Festival.
Sykes lives in Los Angeles with his wife, producer Josephina Sykes, where they operate Nightfall Pictures, a full-service development and production company.
- Camp Blood (V – direct-to-video release, 1999)
- Nightmare in Shallow Point (2000; writer only)
- Camp Blood 2 (V, 2000)
- Babes in the Woods (V, 2000)
- Mad Jack (V, 2000; also producer)
- Zombie Chronicles (V, 2001; director only)
- Evil Sister 2 (V, 2001)
- B-Witched (V, 2001)
- Witchcraft XII: In the Lair of the Serpent (V, 2002)
- Loving Angelique (V, 2002)
- Death Factory (V, 2002)
- The Coven (V, 2002; director only)
- Demon's Kiss (V, 2002)
- Lord of the Vampires (2002; also producer)
- Liars (V, 2002; writer only)
- Scream Queen (V, 2002)
- The Pact (2003; writer only)
- Goth (V, 2003)
- Bloody Tease (V, 2004; director only)
- Within the Woods (Camp Blood 3) (V, 2005)
- Mutation (V, 2006)
- Plaguers (2008)
- Dead Letters aka Cold Ones (2009; co-producer)
- Burying the Ex (2008; producer)